About this task
Please refer to the table in the System requirements section above to confirm that you are performing the correct procedure for your node type and OneFS version.
- Go to the Support page that lists all the available versions of the drive support package.
- Click the latest version of the drive support package and download the file.
If you are unable to download the package, contact Isilon Technical Support for assistance.
- Open a secure shell (SSH) connection to any node in the cluster and log in.
- Create or check for the availability of the directory structure /ifs/data/Isilon_Support/dsp.
- Copy the downloaded file to the dsp directory through SCP, FTP, SMB, NFS, or any other supported data-access protocols.
- Unpack the file by running the following command:
tar -zxvf Drive_Support_<version>.tgz
- Install the package by running the following command:
- You must run the isi_dsp_install command to install the drive support package. Do not use the isi pkg command.
- Running isi_dsp_install will install the drive support package on the entire cluster.
- The installation process takes care of installing all the necessary files from the drive support package followed by the uninstallation of the package. You do not need to delete the package after its installation or prior to installing a later version.