- Click .
- From the Current Access Zone list, select an access zone.
- From the Providers list, select the local provider for the zone.
- Click Create User.
- In the User Name field, type a username for the account.
- In the Password field, type a password for the account.
- Optional: Configure the following additional settings as needed.
UIDIf this setting is left blank, the system automatically allocates a UID for the account. This is the recommended setting. You cannot assign a UID that is in use by another local user account.Full NameType a full name for the user.Email AddressType an email address for the account.Primary GroupTo specify the owner group using the Select a Primary Group dialog box, click Select group.
Additional GroupsTo specify any additional groups to make this user a member of, click Add group.Home DirectoryType the path to the user's home directory. If you do not specify a path, a directory is automatically created at /ifs/home/<username>.UNIX ShellThis setting applies only to users who access the file system through SSH. From the list, select a shell. By default, the /bin/zsh shell is selected.Account Expiration DateClick the calendar icon to select the expiration date or type the expiration date in the field, and then type the date in the format <mm>/<dd>/<yyyy>.Enable the accountSelect this check box to allow the user to authenticate against the local database for SSH, FTP, HTTP, and Windows file sharing through SMB. This setting is not used for UNIX file sharing through NFS.
- To locate a group under the selected local provider, type a group name or click Search.
- Select a group to return to the Manage Users window.
- Click Create.