About this task
Internal failover on an IsilonSD cluster is enabled through the failover policy supported by VMware vSphere. Therefore, this procedure is not applicable for IsilonSD Edge.
- Click .
- In the Internal Network Settings area, click int-b/Failover.
- In the IP Ranges area, for the int-b network, click Add range.
- On the Add IP Range dialog box, enter the IP address at the low end of the range in the first IP range field.
- In the second
IP range field, type the IP address at the high end of the range.
Ensure that there is no overlap of IP addresses between the int-a and int-b/failover network ranges. For example, if the IP address range for the int-a network is 192.168.1.1–192.168.1.100, specify a range of 192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.100 for the int-b network.
- Click Submit.
- In the
IP Ranges area for the
Failover network, click
Add an IP address range for the failover network, ensuring there is no overlap with the int-a network or the int-b network.The Edit Internal Network page appears, and the new IP address range appears in the IP Ranges list.
- In the
Settings area, specify a valid netmask. Ensure that there is no overlap between the IP address range for the int-b network or for the failover network.
We recommend that the netmask values you specify for int-a and int-b/failover are the same.
- In the Settings area, for State, click Enable to enable the int-b and failover networks.
The Confirm Cluster Reboot dialog box appears.
- Restart the cluster by clicking Yes.