- Create a Cloud Storage Account
- Enables you to create a cloud storage account, which identifies the connection settings that you established with your cloud provider. When you click
Create a Cloud Storage Account, a dialog box opens, where you can specify the following information. When finished specifying the information, you can click
Connect Account in the dialog box.
- Name or Alias
- A descriptive name for the cloud account—for example,
- The type of cloud storage account, one of
Amazon S3, or
- The fully qualified URI for the account. The URI must use the HTTPS protocol, and must match the URI provided by your cloud provider to set up the account.
- The user name for the cloud account. This name must be identical to the user name provided to the cloud vendor.
- The cloud account access key or password. This information is provided by the cloud vendor.
- The list of network proxies created in CloudPools. By selecting a network proxy from the drop-down list, you specify that all CloudPools traffic to and from the cloud storage provider flows through a proxy server on your network. Network proxies for CloudPools must be specified in the OneFS command-line interface.
- Skip SSL Certificate Validation (not recommended)
- Specifies whether to circumvent SSL certificate validation when connecting to a cloud provider's storage repository. Unless you enable this setting, OneFS will attempt to perform SSL certificate validation when connecting. For security purposes, we recommend not enabling this setting. If you are connecting to a cloud provider (for example, RAN or ECS) that is within your corporate network, and you are having trouble connecting, you can try skipping SSL validation.
- S3 Account ID
- This appears only when you are creating an Amazon S3 account and is a required setting. The account ID number provided by Amazon when you first establish an account with the vendor.
- S3 Telemetry Reporting Bucket
- This appears only when you are creating an Amazon S3 account and is a required setting. The telemetry bucket name that you specified when you first established an account with the vendor.
- S3 Storage Region
- This appears only when you are creating an Amazon S3 account. If you specified the storage region when you first established an account with Amazon Web Services, you can leave this set to
- Create a CloudPool
- Enables you to create a CloudPool, which acts as a conduit between OneFS and the cloud storage repository. When you click
Create a CloudPool, a dialog box opens, where you can specify the following information. When finished specifying the information, you can click
Create a CloudPool in the dialog box.
- A descriptive name for the CloudPool—for example,
- The type of CloudPool, one of
Amazon S3, or
- Name or description of the vendor. This is an optional entry.
- Description of the CloudPool. This is an optional entry.
- Account in CloudPool
- The cloud storage account that this CloudPool is to contain. The drop-down list is empty until you specify the
Type option. Then the list shows only cloud storage accounts that match that type (for example,