OneFS can only support SMB Multichannel when the following software requirements are met:
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 or Windows 8, 8.1 clients
- SMB Multichannel must be enabled on both the cluster and the Windows client computer. It is enabled on the cluster by default.
SMB Multichannel establishes a single SMB session over multiple network connections only on supported network interface card (NIC) configurations. SMB Multichannel requires at least one of the following NIC configurations on the client computer:
- Two or more network interface cards.
- One or more network interface cards that support Receive Side Scaling (RSS).
- One or more network interface cards configured with link aggregation. Link aggregation enables you to combine the bandwidth of multiple NICs on a node into a single logical interface.