- Multiple hosts and multiple datastores using VMFS storage
- Multiple hosts and single datastore using VMFS storage
- Single host and single datastore using VMFS storage
- Single host and multiple datastores using VMFS storage
- Multiple hosts and single datastore using vSAN storage
- Single host and single datastore using vSAN storage
A free license supports all of the configurations. An Edge license supports multiple hosts (1:1 mapping) with multiple datastores (1:1 mapping) using VMFS storage. An Edge-Flex license supports all of the remaining configurations.
- If you have created an IsilonSD cluster using the free license of IsilonSD Management Server versions 1.0.0 or 1.0.1, the corresponding licensing properties are maintained.
- Management server versions 1.0.2 and later continue to support the Edge configurations. The Edge configurations have the maximum availability because they require that each virtual disk be created on its own directly-attached physical disk.
- The Edge-Flex configurations are available with management server versions 1.0.2 and later. These configurations provide the flexibility of deploying a cluster on a single host or a single datastore, but the availability depends on the specific configuration details.